It’s great time, and it will become even greater! The new Windows Azure SDK 1.5 and Windows Azure Tools for Visual Studio 2010 are already LIVE! You can download it directly from the inline link (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=27422) or use the Web Platform Installer. Another exciting release is the Windows Azure AppFabric SDK 1.5!
Amongst all the new goodies in Windows Azure SDK are:
- Re-architected emulator, which enables higher fidelity between local and cloud developments.
- Support for uploading service certificates in csupload.exe.
- A new csencrypt.exe tool to manage remote desktop encryption passwords.
- Enhancements in the Windows Azure Tools for Visual Studio for developing and deploying cloud applications.
- The ability to create ASP.NET MVC3 Web Roles and manage multiple service configurations in one cloud project.
- Improved validation of Windows Azure packages to catch common errors like missing .NET assemblies and invalid connection strings.
Even greater news is the totally new and fresh Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows 8!
You can read the full story here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/windowsazure/archive/2011/09/14/just-announced-build-new-windows-azure-toolkit-for-windows-8-windows-azure-sdk-1-5-geo-replication-for-azure-storage-and-more.aspx